Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The road to Millinocket

Barreling down the highway in a greyhound, taking in the scenery. The fear has subsided and i am ready. I had such an amazing day/night in Boston; mentally i broke down 7 times but my good friend Adam was there to motivate me, just as he did before on our nols course 2 years ago when we first met. He understands my America! politics cannot and won't distract us from being modern day explorers pushing the limits other so willingly pass up. My America is nature and its beautiful

Back to the greyhound we continue north to Bangor; I met two other southbound thru hikers on here and Im so excited to have company. i wanted isolation but now i understand isolation is the trail and the company of others is to be cherished which i certainly am doing now.

Tomorrow at 7 am eastern time I leave to summit mt.katadhin and reach Baxter peak. I leave my backpack at the ranger station and plan on jogging up to the summit. call me crazy but i already know Im a bit crazy,but then again isn't everyone?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment